Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Through the eyes of a baby

Mondays are a difficult day for me.  Not only is that the first day of the week that I need an alarm clock, but it's also the day that I have the most errands to run with the least amount of energy.  Mondays seem to drag on and on and on.  Well, in the Pacific Northwest, come September, Mondays become even longer...the rainy season has started, the days are getting shorter, and my "Happy Light" returns to my office desk.  I don't look forward to Mondays in the fall.

If you add being a mom to my September Mondays, then things get even stickier.  I can no longer take my time running errands because my time is taken up with each errand and the fact that I now have someone else to care for besides myself.  I remember when it used to take me five minutes to run into the bank.  Now, it takes me five minutes to get Baby out of her car seat, five minutes to go into the bank, five minutes for everyone to talk about Baby, and five more minutes to get Baby back into the car seat so we can move onto the next stop.  Errand-running time takes 4x as long as pre-Baby days.

But, I was reminded today of just how great it is to be a mom.  During that extra time of buckling Baby back into her car seat, she just sat there smiling and laughing at something.  I looked around for what it could be, but couldn't find anything. 

Before Baby, I wouldn't have thought twice about errand running.  I would have simply gone about my tasks - not looking around at what others are doing or seeing.  Yet, my Baby saw something that made her laugh.  I still don't know what it was, but it made me stop and think...even on a dreary September Monday, my Baby found something to smile about...maybe I should too.  After all, I get to spend every September Monday with Baby!

Just a thought...seeing the world through the eyes of your baby makes every day a little bit more special!

1 comment:

  1. That's cute! It does take so much more time, but I guess I spend less money because I no longer go into stores "just because." I have to really want to go in there.

    But they are totally worth every extra second of buckling them in.

    ReplyDelete