Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thirsties Duo Wraps

I just visited a local baby store this week.  It's a half consignment - half local mothers' sewing club store.  I fell in love with it!  Granted, my husband may not have fully appreciated my purchase...I didn't make it much past the front counter with all of the beautiful handmade hair bows, clips, and hats.  But, my baby girl is now the proud owner of a hair accessory to match every possible outfit! 

While in the store, another customer was asking questions about cloth diapering.  I couldn't keep my mouth shut.  She and the owner of the store had never tried cloth diapering.  The owner had tried selling cloth diapers previously, but said they weren't that successful.  Then, she showed me the diapers she had tried to sell and no wonder!  These weren't the pull-on pants, but they were close.  I could see leaks happening within minutes of diapering my baby.

Thankfully, Thirsties knows how to prevent leaks!  As with my favorite diaper, the Thirsties V2, the Duo Wraps are a pleasant surprise at ease of use and prevention of leaks.  These covers are similar to their sibling, but have some major differences to point out. 

Both the V2 and Duo Wrap covers have leg gussets (my diaper cover MUST) which protect against leaks for even the scrawniest child.  These also are very useful once Baby starts kicking and moving all around.  The Duo Wraps also have a variety of colors available - although not the degree of assortment as the V2s.

The Duo Wraps come in only two sizes due to their ability to grow with Baby.  They also come in both Velcro and snap fasteners so that you can choose which you prefer (I, personally, prefer the Velcro due to ease of fastening and adjusting when you have a squirmy baby).  However, one of the downfalls of this product is that the size charts, in this user's opinion, is not accurate.  These covers are tighter than the V2s and; therefore, don't allow for the extra folds when you're moving up sizes in the cloth diapers.  While the product information says Size One goes to 18 pounds, I had to move up to Size Two at 14 pounds.

Overall, Thirsties does it again with the Duo Wrap covers. And, the best thing is, after my visit to the baby store, I now have hair bows to match all of my Thirsties Duo Wraps!






If you like this review, then check out the Thirsties Duo Wraps:

              

No comments:

Post a Comment