Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thirsties - V2

It's not often that I find a baby product for which I am truly thrilled about.  But, Thirsties V2 diaper covers are amazing!  This is my go-to diaper cover for all of those outfits I want Baby to wear all day.  Now, granted, a diaper cover doesn't always guarantee that an outfit will make it through the day, but I'd rather be wiping off spit-up than trying to bathe my baby on-the-go.

The thing that I love best about Thirsties diaper covers is the fact that they incorporate so many different aspects that make a great diaper cover.  They are not only made in the USA, but they are made of material that doesn't allow a wet diaper to feel wet, even outside the cover (as some organic cotton covers will do).

After considering the leak-resistant materials used, I then look at the construction of the diapers.  The diapers allow for growth - meaning that, even when my child is in those in-between stages and I have to go to the larger Cloth-eez diaper, I can still fit the entire diaper within the confines of the Thirsties diaper cover.  Too often, the weight range on diapers does not include room for the extra folds needed when Baby is growing and changing diaper sizes.  But, the Thirsties' size chart allows for these extra folds, thus making the sizing more accurate.

The Thirsties diapers also have leg gussets (a definite MUST HAVE).  My kicking, squirmy worm can move all around and, even when she has a poopy diaper, it doesn't escape onto her outfit.  The leg gussets allow for an extra safeguard around the legs that many other diaper cover brands do not offer.

Now, in this blog, I am specifically looking at the V2 diaper cover.  It's not a one-size-fits-all cover.  Instead, you must purchase the sizes as baby grows, but I don't mind this at the $11.25/cover cost on Green Mountain Diapers' website.  I prefer buying my covers with the different sizes so that I know the covers will fit and don't have to worry about snapping and unsnapping covers in order to fit the different diapers I am continually trying under them.  I also believe that the sized covers are better to reuse for future babies because the snaps and Velcro do not wear out too much and can easily be reused with future children.

The last aspect to Thirsties V2 diaper covers that I like are the color options.  Now, my husband is a man who could care less about color coordinating an outfit, but I am the complete opposite.  I don't want my daughter to have a bright orange diaper cover on under a white onesie (You should see her 3-month pictures for which Daddy dressed her!).  I want the diaper cover to blend into the outfit.  Thus, the 11 color options are a wonderful option when selecting the covers you want.  I've had other friends who buy different colors in order to coordinate with the size of the cover, but I'll stick to coordinating with the outfits!

So, thus begins my first genuine diaper review.  Thirsties truly offers a genuine, leak-proof diaper cover with the greatest opportunity to begin to teach your child about fashion go's and fashion no's in color coordination.  The Thirsties V2 diaper cover receives my highest praise!

1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    Brilliant as always! Keep the reviews coming!

    I turned my cousin-in-love on to your blog. She's pregnant with their second and is strongly considering cloth diapering! I love your advice because it comes with experience! Miss you much!

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete